LPC-S Renewal Information
Renewal Period: April 1-June 30
- Renewal is mandatory every other year. For example, an LPC approved for licensure in odd year will renew in the following odd year, an LPC approved for licensure in even year (Approved October 31, 2016; Renewal would be June 30, 2018), will renew in the following even year (Approved January 30, 2017; Renewal would be June 30, 2019).
- Renewal Deadline: Postmarked by June 30
- $50 renewal fee
Continuing Education Hours
- CE approved by Louisiana Counseling Association (LCA), American Counseling Association (ACA), National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) will automatically be accepted by Board.
- 1 CEH is equivalent to 1 clock hour.
- Accrual of CE begins only after the date the license was issued.
- 3 CEHs in supervision to renew supervisor designation every renewal period.
- If licensee does not renew by June 30, license becomes inactive effective July 1. May have Lapsed Status for 2 years and may reinstate license within that two year period of license becoming lapsed.
- To renew lapsed license, licensee must submit the following items in addition to all previous items mentioned:
- $28 renewal late fee