LMFT-S Renewal Information
Renewal Period: October 1-December 31
- Renewal is mandatory every other year. For example, an LPC approved for licensure in odd year will renew in the following odd year, an LPC approved for licensure in even year (Approved October 31, 2016; Renewal would be December 31, 2018), will renew in the following even year (Approved January 30, 2017; Renewal would be December 31, 2019).
- Renewal Deadline: Postmarked by December 31
- $100 renewal fee
- Stays on renewal date every 4 years
Continuing Education Hours
- 1 CEH is equivalent to 1 clock hour.
- Accrual of CE begins only after the date the license was issued
- Supervision in Marriage and Family Therapy: 6 CEHs in this area to renew their supervisor designation every 4 years.)
- LMFT-S Orientation Video
- If licensee does not renew by December 31, license becomes lapsed effective December 31. May have Lapsed Status January 1 – March 31 (90 days) for 2 years and may reinstate license within that 92 year period of license becoming lapsed.
- To renew lapsed license, licensee must submit the following items in addition to all previous items mentioned:
- $28 renewal late fee